If you’re on TikTok, you may have seen the viral frozen yogurt cups that people have been making like crazy (and, obviously, I got on that train). This recipe is my own leveled up take on this trend and is so quick and easy to make. It’s a low-guilt treat that is so refreshing for summer!
I absolutely LOVE using lavender in so many ways. Not only does it have a tantalizing aroma and flavor that combines so well with lots of other ingredients in baking and cooking, as well as herbal teas, and more, but it has many beneficial health properties. I talk more about its uses, specifically in herbal tea blends, here.
The ingredients of this frozen yogurt cup are simple. You’ll need plain Greek yogurt or your favorite plant based alternative, edible lavender flowers, cacao nibs, lavender syrup, a few squares of good dark chocolate or chocolate chips, and coconut oil.
First, you’re going to want to crush the lavender flowers using a mortar & pestle (this is the one I have and LOVE). Then, combine the yogurt, lavender flowers and syrup, and the cacao nibs in a bowl. Mix well then spread out the surface into a freezer safe dish. I used a Pyrex dish with a lid to mix and freeze so I could save leftovers for a treat later and just used a towel to wipe away any yogurt stuck to the sides of the dish after mixing.
Then, top the yogurt mixture with the coconut & melted chocolate mixture. The coconut oil turns the chocolate into a hard shell that is so fun to crack into when it’s time to eat! Top the dish with a sprinkle of more of the lavender flowers and cacao nibs as a garnish. Finally, freeze for at least 20 minutes and enjoy!
You’re going to love this delicious and aromatic treat. Get the full recipe below! Let me know if you try this recipe and subscribe to my page for more recipes and health and wellness-related posts!
Lavender Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Bowl
- 3/4-1 cup Greek yogurt or plant-based alternative
- 1 tsp cacao nibs plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp edible lavender flowers plus more for garnish
- 1-2 tsp lavender syrup
- 2-3 squares dark chocolate, melted or use chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Crush the lavender flowers in a mortar & pestle
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, lavender syrup & lavender flowers, and cacao nibs and mix well.
- Spread the yogurt mixture out in a freezer-safe dish, making sure it has a flat surface.
- Combine the melted chocolate with the coconut oil & spread over the top of the yogurt mixture.
- Garnish with a pinch of lavender flowers and cacao nibs
- Freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- With a spoon, crack into the chocolate top and enjoy this irresistible and low-guilt treat!